Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Database ACLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah8217bris

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2007
GB
Hi

Somebody who works for me is accessing some information which they shouldnt be in a database which everyone needs access to. Is it possible to extract from Notes 7 a list of who and at what time somebody accessed a particular database?

Thanks

I suppose you can parse the server log for some info, but you'll have to have set the right reporting level to get anything of value.
I don't know what tools the admin gets with R7, but in the database properties you have an activity summary - limited in space. You'll get to read who recently accessed the db in itself, and get an idea of what volume of info the person accessed, but that will be about it. This info is in the Info tab of the DB Properties, under User Detail.
If you want anything more precise than that, you're going to have to create the functionality in the design of the database.
If you can open the design, you can create code in the QueryOpen events of the views and forms you wish to track, code that can register who is accessing what view and what document. You can even keep the activity log in a separate database.
But you need design access, and the ability to code. Here at Tek-Tips, there are a number of people that can help you with the coding, but the Designer client and access you'll have to manage on your side if you don't have it.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back