Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

krameje

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
US
Hello. I am new to programming in Lotus Notes.

On a form, I have two combo boxes: cboProcess and cboTeam. I would like to drive the record source for cboTeam based upon the choice the user makes in cboProcess.

For example, if a user selects "New Order" from cboProcess, then I would like to display the following in cboTeam: New Customer, New Referral, and Returning Customer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

krameje

Attitudes are contagious

I think the best thing to do here is to use what I call "Key Documents". I create a form called "Database Tables" and create a computed when composed field called "Key" and use the following formula as the default value:

@Prompt([OKCANCELEDIT];"Specify Key";"Please specify the key for this document!";Key)

This field is going to contain your process keywords. Make sure you select "Refresh fields on keyword change".

Create another text field called "Members" and allow muliple values. Multiple values need to be separated by a "New Line" (Third properties tab for the field). This field is going to contain your team keywords.

Now populate your database tables documents first with the key and then with the members of that key. For example the first one would have the key "New order" with the members New Customer, New referral etc etc

Create a view called "DB Tables" that displays the Database Tables documents with the Key fieled as column 1 (this must be a sorted column) and members field as column 2.

In your document with the two combo boxes put the following formula for the choices of your combobox.

@DbColumn("";"NoCache":"database replica ID";"DB Tables";1)

This will display all the keys.

In the second combobox put in:

@DbLookup( "" : "NoCache" ; "database replica ID" ; "DB Tables" ; Key ; 2 )

This is going to return the members of the key specified in the first combobox.

In the formulas above the replica ID is obtained from the replication design information from the design synopsis.

I think this should get you going.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back