Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes - Combo box with E-Mail addresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grande

Programmer
Feb 14, 2005
CA
I'm running a VBA program in access. At one point, it asks for an email address of Lotus Notes Name. Is there a way that I can import the list of Lotus Notes Names and put them into a combobox?

Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appceciated.

-------------------------
Just call me Captain Awesome.

We have an address book with everyone's name in it. I was able to set up an ODBC connection to the address book in Notes using the NotesSQL driver. From there I imported the information into a table. You can then set the combobox's source to the table.

--Foundry

Foundry,

Thanks for the reply. But, could I get more detail about how you used set up the connection to the address book?

-------------------------
Just call me Captain Awesome.

grande,

I selected "new" while "table" was highlighted and then selected "import table". From there I selected the last option in the file type box, which is odbc. From there select "machine data sources", "new" and then either system or user data source. You will then be prompted to select which driver you want to use. Select "Lotus NotesSQL driver". After a few button clicks, you need to select your domino server, signon to the server and select the .nsf file you want to link to. Once the link has been established. Select it from the list of odbc sources, you be prompted to put in your password again and then voila, you can select the form or view that you are interested in. Let me know if you need more help.

--Foundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back