Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Archiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC256

Technical User
Jul 10, 2003
BE
Hi ,

We are facing a problem with the settings of the archive file . It seems that with some of our users the settings disappear , which is very annoying for us and for the user. Anyone ever had this kind of problem and if so is there a workaround for it , eg , a registry file that can be imported at start-up ?

Thanks in advance !

T.

Yes I've had similar problems caused by server glitches.
Luckily the archive was not on the mail server, so long as you can locate the file and double-click on it you can access it.
what you don't seem to be able to do is continue to use the same archive, while on the one hand saying it can't find the one from the old profile, if you try to set-up a new profile and point it at the existing one it insists it must have a new archive!

If you are running R6, you can setup the path to the database with the archive.
File -> Database -> Properties: Archive Settings
Choose: Settings

There are two Archive options for my mail-archive:
"Default for Last Modified"
"Default for Last Accessed"
You can edit these setting or if they aren't exisiting create them.

I think in R5, it was nearly the same path.

In the advance-settings you can specify a log-file for archiveing.

Ole

Further to broadthoughts experience, we had a similar problem. Easiset way round was to copy the old archive to another file area safely, let Notes create a new Archive with the old name and then copy the old Archive over the new, empty, file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back