Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes and ICalendar Ver 6.5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazar64

Technical User
Feb 12, 2006
AU
Dear All

I am trying to send a ical file using lotus notes 6.5.4 and I have got it to work but it does not apear in the calendar as an entry. I have tired bot an event and a todo item an both work fine in the mail sending and recieving but when I look in the calendar I dont see it.

Is there a trick to this or is it simply that lotus notes calendar is not compatible with ICal files.

An help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Lotus notes version6 (or higher) is iCal compatible and can exchange calendar information over the internet with other iCalendar compatible applications such as MS Outlook 2000 (or higher).

From your question it is hard to determine, with whom are you exchanging calendar information with?

If you are exchanging calendar information with a user over the internet, you would receive an email message containing an .ics file attachment. That .ics file attachment is an icalendar standard file and it contains calendar information for an event. To process this .ics file attachment, (1)open the email containing the attachment, (2)Right-click the attachment, (3)select view from pop-up, this will display a "Scheduling Notes in iCalendar File" window (4)select Import all, this will generate a Lotus Notes meeting invitation that you can process to add the event to your personal Lotus Notes calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back