Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOTUS NOTES AGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebilly

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
AU
Can anyone suggest how to divert incoming mail from a particular Notes Group to a different folder, rather than going straight into the In Box of my mail file. There doesn't appear to be an option for putting the agent against the recipient of the 'To' field.
I'm probably wrong, but would appreciate some clarification if possible

Thanks

Everytime a user fills in a form and saves it a number has to be assigned to it. I need to know how I can create a field in the designer ( I mean which Formula )to count the forms.

Thanks,

Does the number have to be sequential ?

Please say no.

Pascal.

It needs to start with the number 5000 and then be increased by 1 every time a new form is completed, so yes, I'm afraid it should be sequential.

Any ideas ?

Thks

Right. This is the typical issue in Notes. Sequential numbers per user is something easy to do. Sequential number for all docs independant of user is something inherently impossible to guarantee.
For a sequential number per user, you can easily include a Profile document for that user, and modify the form to get the number from the Profile doc, use 4999 if there is none, increment it, place it in the number field and save it back to the Profile document.
Sounds complicated, but it is not.

For a global sequential number, you need a Profile doc for the database (no user name attached to it), or a doc in a view. Let me call it the Reference document. When the form is loaded as new document, it needs to check if the Reference doc is in use or not. If it is, then the form must wait. If it is not, then the form must lock it, then do the above, then unlock it.
Implement that and, with a lot of praying every day, you might avoid having two docs with the same number.

I sincerely hope you can use a sequential number per document.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back