Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes 8.0.1 - Setting up user interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

eligiomh

Programmer
May 7, 2008
ES
Hello,

I have to migrate from Outlook to Lotus Notes 8.0.1 all computers in my company.

By the moment, I have installed Notes in two computers for testing, learning the interface and the options, etc (I'm new with Lotus). I want to be prepared for the usual problems that the users would found.

My question is:
I would like to hide lot of Notes options for my users: menu bar, replication options, archive options, etc.

How can I do that? Any idea will help me, I'm lost in tons of documentation ;-)

Thanks in advance.

You are talking about Policies. That is enforced at the admin level.

You will need to understand the documentation on Policies to implement them properly.

Policies are a powerful tool - and as such, they can totally destroy Notes client functionality if you make a big mistake. There are functionalities that you will not be able to manage via Policy though - replication, for example, can be forbidden at the database level (disabled, to be more precise), but I don't think you can simply ban replicating via a Policy. An Admin would know more on that subject.

Replicating is a cornerstone of the Notes/Domino functionality list, after all.

I strongly suggest studying them thoroughly before tinkering with production settings.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back