Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes 6.5 with Crystal Reporting XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve95

MIS
Nov 3, 2004
US
Hi All

I am using CRXi Rel 1 and I am currently trying to construct a report using a lotus notes view (6.5). So I created a ODBC (system DSN)
to the datasource and selected the minimum with no password. When I connect to the datasource via the CR I can put all the fields on
the report canvas 'details'section. The view has 3 fields date (string), zone (string) and form (string).

When I run the report without any grouping or formatting the data is coming back fine, even when I change the string date to date still
coming back fine. I need to insert some groups, firstly when insert a group based on zone and click on refresh the data comes back.
I need to insert 2nd group based on form, the group gets inserted fine and viewable but as soon as I click on refresh I get the
following error messages

1. 'Failed to retrieve data from the database.'

then once I click on ok I get a 2nd error message

2. 'Failed to retrieve data from the database.'
'Details: HY000:[Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes][Lotus Notes Server]Notes API driver error: Formula Error[Database Vendor Code:23502]'

Anyone any ideas??

Many Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back