Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lotus file can't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarty09

MIS
Dec 11, 2009
CA
hello
i have used lotus 123 since way back in the late 80's. i now use excel most of the time.

this past summer i did a tremendous amount of editing on a huge lotus file and was so glad when it was all done. i saved it and not thinking did not use save as excel. i have lotus smartsuite 97.

today i tried to open this lotus file and i keep getting message:
not a valid file. check the file types in the Open diagog box to see which ones are supported. then try opening the file using other file extensions.

i checked the file extension and it is indeed a .123 file. i even tried to rename it to wk1 or wk4 but that wouldn't open it either. i tried to open it with excel and open office spreadsheet but nothing worked.

if there is an ingenious way i can open this i would be so very grateful to anyone who can help me out. then i will for sure save it as excel.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back