Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus domino server: register person issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddhik11

Programmer
Jul 13, 2011
AP

domino: 8.5.2
traveler installed

questions::
1. How to register a person if I want to use that account for activesync on android mobile. (currently I am registering it as mentioned in the steps below)
2. I change the username field after registration. I remove the space from the first name and last name. Do I need to do that always?
3. I mention the internet address always as firstnamelastname@hostname.com ? do I also need to do that always? If I have to use that account for activesync, is it ok if I specify the internet address as FIlastname@hostname.com ??
4. Is it necessary to configure the lotus domino server with SSL support if I want to set up it as what real organizations do?
5. How to register two persons with same first name and last name?

Steps I follow are:

1. Go to people and groups tab. Right click, select register person
2. On the basic screen, input first name ex: hello last name ex: world
3. The shortname will be taken automatically as hworld. (do I need to change it?)
4. Set password, click on the password options button, select set internet password, press ok
5. click on the advanced tab, new options will be populated. On the mail tab I keep everything default
6. on the address tab I specify address as fnln@domainname.com
7. ID info tab I click on the “In file” option
8. IN the groups I add the person as a part of all the groups (I have all default groups, no groups added)
9. Then click register.

In general I want to know the process/steps I should follow to register any person so that i work properly for active-sync on android. See attached screenshot, let me know if any change required.

Nonguru's right - the Domino forum is the right place. However, I will say that registering a user for Traveler is exactly the same as registering any other user, unless you're using policies to control access (then just apply the relevant policy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back