Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Domino NSF mailbox file size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwjohnston

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2009

I’m a new Domino administrator and please forgive me if I make comparisons to Exchange because that’s what I’ve mostly used in the past.

Anywho, in Exchange I was generally taught not to let the users mailboex get over 2 GB for fear of corruption. I believe they can go bigger, but this was the practice.

On our current Domino 6.5.5 server I have a number of mailboxes:

24 boxes ranging from 3GB to 9GB
13 boxes ranging from 10GB to 20 GB
2 boxes from 20 to 30 GB
And
1 box that is whopping 33GB.

I’m using the Domino Admin 7. Should I be worried about this? What are the limits of the nsf size? What is the best practices in regard to this?

I'm not surprised at all (our corporate attorneys' nsfs run anywhere from 10-15GB). The main worries are performance when using such a huge file and resources on the server to store them, but otherwise it hasn't been an issue.

I'm looking into upgrading to Domino 8.5 (on 8.0.2 now) and its central attachment storage service (DAOS).

That funny because the guy with the biggest mailbox, the 33GB one is the Senior Lawyer here as well. I'm all for archiving too, but 33 GB that's just ridiculous!

I'm not an admin, but I can assure you that over 10GB on R6x is not supposed to be an issue.

On the other hand, a mailbox of 33GB is something I have never heard of yet. Good luck cutting that one down to size !

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back