Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus/Domino Mail Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenred

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
GB
Just a quick question about Lotus Notes.

We have been taken over by a company that uses Lotus Notes and is based in Ireland, they have a domino server and email address in the form of name@company.com.

We are based in the Uk and have a different domain and email addresses in the form of name@ourcompany.co.uk.

We have to have new mail addresses in the form of the company we have been taken over by, using their Domain i.e name@company.com.

My question is is it possible for us to have a domino server here on our domain in the UK, linked to the Domino server in Ireland to pick up our mail. Or will we have to connect direct to the server in Ireland?

Hope the question makes sense.

Probably an easy question but we use exchange here and have no idea about Lotus at all.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Ken

It is "possible" to have a local server, of course, but your local server will have to be a part of the main company domain.

You'll have to coordinate with your new company administrators, they have the CERT.ID file you'll need to use - and they're the only ones who can allow that.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back