Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOTUS APPROACH 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULHUDD

Vendor
Mar 26, 2009
US
I WOULD LIKE TO CREATE A MODIFICATION FORMULA IN APPROACH.
I HAVE A FIELD NAME "END DATE" THAT I WOULKD LIKE TO AUTO POPULATE WITH DATE ONCE ANOTHER FIELD NAME IS POPULATED.

Can you not define the "end date" field (under create, field definition) to be (under Options, Default Value) Modification date.

Either that or write a macro (Set Date) which sets field "End Date" to today() and put a "on data change" macro on the field that you want populating.

My 2p worth!

Condition your modification formula on a non-empty value in the other date field and in the "end date" field. Something like this:

If(IsBlank("other field name",'',If(IsBlank("end date",Today(),"end date"))

This will fill in today's date if the other field is filled in and the "end date" is still blank, and retain that date afterward.

Sue Sloan

Please help

I have been a Lotus Approach user since 1997 - some 11 years ago and i have actrually found it useful for my needs especially as it relates to Image database . Of recent, in the course of an increase in my
database jobs, i have found out that the software seem unable to handle a database containing images especially when the data is over 10,000 individual records

I have over 7 of such databases all with pictures, signatures and next of kin images appended.
Can someone tell me/show me how to merge all these databases onto one and/or what feature i could use to have a single search string that could search through all these seven databases together.

They are all same databases containing same types of fields - but saved with different names and containing different data with each database file containing close to
10,000 of such records but each data has records and three diferent pictures (to wit - Picture, signature and next of kin picture) Alltogether we are looking at some 125,000 databases.

I just have some questions for anyone willing to assisst pls.

1. How do i link these databses up so that when i enter a single search string - it could search through all the seven databases and bring the data up

Can anyone help?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back