Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Approach - Freeze when making a join

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuniLotus

Technical User
Jul 25, 2011
CA
I have a weird problem that developed today. I went to join two databases and something went wrong ... I think I may have accidentally asked it to join an excel file, but not sure. Since that time, whenever I try to go to the join feature, the screen will not show the join window, just shows the regular screen in a "design" type format. I can get out of that window with ALT F4. The files are fine as I can access the design on another computer with network access. I have removed the *.oyz files, uninstalled and reinstalled lotus, and did a system restore...Same results. Design works fine, just not the join. Any thoughts?

Solved own...
Here's what was happening ... my hardware is set up with two monitors and the ability to drag the program to the second monitor. Apparently that had been done at some point when join mode and by so doing, the join screen was "somewhere else". I moved "approach" to screen 2, open the join and it appeared again. I moved the join screen to monitor 1, moved approach back to monitor 1, and closed. Working properly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back