Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus 123 release 4.01-Pop up Color Palette has disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockopa

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
I have been using this program since it was first released and have continued with it finding it better than the newer versions. Originally when I wanted to change font or background color a pop-up color palette would appear on screen. Now I only get a blinking little square with nothing in it. I can change colors by guessing where it might be, but it's hit and miss. I even went so far as to buy another version of 4.01 in it's original state, loaded it, but have the same results. Could it be Win XP's compatability issue? I have it running in win 95 compatability. I have searched the IBM Lotus support site and cannot find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

After reading through some other FAQ's regarding Release 5 I found others were having the same problem with the color palette. I tried the fix mentioned in other threads and it fixed my version 4.01.

It amounted to right clicking the desktop, properties, appearance tab, effects, disable the first one " Use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips". Click apply, okay and it's fixed !

Thanks to this forum I have found something I've been trying to fix for 5 months.

Hi jockopa

I have had the same problem with Lotus v5.0 and XP - thanks to your tip it solved it straight away.

mikesherlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back