Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost SSA drives after switching to 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2003
US
When I changed my S70 over to 64-bit mode the other day I couldn't see my SSA drives, only my internal drives. When I changed back to 32-bit mode I could once again see all the drives. Can someone tell me why this might be?

Thanks.

Dave

I'd start with upgrading the microcode on your SSA adapters and disks.

The microcode on my SSA adapters and drives is current. When I switch to 64-bit I can see the SSA adapters with an 'lscfg' command, but I can't see the logical or physical drives in the SSA. LSVG shows that I have other Volume Groups, but none of the Physical Volumes are available for the Volume Group Descriptors.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Dave

I had this same exact problem. The 64 bit kernel is only supported on newer SSA Adapters. The adapter I had was "SSA Enhanced Raid Adapter" and would not work in 64 bit.

Jarrett
IBM Certified Systems Expert pSeries HACMP for AIX
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert for AIX 5L and pSeries
- AIX 5L Systems Administration
- AIX 5L Performance and System Tuning
- p690 Technical Support
- pSeries HACMP for AIX

I could have used this answer a week or two ago! LOL That is apparently my problem. I also have the SSA enhanced RAID adapters and the IBM Service Engineer said that they were my problem.

thanks for the tip,

Dave

Hi All,

I just got off of the phone with IBM and have some insite. The only 64 bit compatable SSA card is the "IBM SSA 160 SerialRAID Adapter" aka feature code 6225/6230, FRU 09L2090.

Hope this saves some of you some hassel

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back