Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Spreadsheet in Lotus 1-2-3 release 2.2 for DOS - Desperate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
US
I desperately need help retrieving my October spreadsheet. I saved it to a disk along with the other eleven months in the year, yet, it is the only one I can't pull up. When I try it says Disc Error. I've been through every retrieval step I could find in Lotus and DOS. The file is there, but it won't let me view it. I've also tried opening the file in my new computer through micosoft, still I can only open 11 out of 12 files on the disk. Is it possible to damage one file on a disk. And if so, can you retrieve a damaged file? I would appreciate any information I can get. Thank You!

Yes, it is possible to retrieve this file. It is possible that the file may have been corrupted, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily lost. My name is Peter Mercier, and I am the Director of Computer Forensics for Quality Data Recovery, LLC. Our company specializes in data recovery, and we use specialized software to recover files. If you are interested in discussing our services, please contact me off-line at peter.mercier@verizon.net. Our website is
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back