Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost saveset in Windows client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elchanguito

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hi all,
I have the following problem, I need to recover some information of one client but the saveset doesn 't exist because I removed the oldest cycle because the index size of this client was very big and I need some space in this filesystem.
But now, I need to recover these savesets that I have removed.
I restored from one old backup the index of this client, but when I startup the networker and try to see these savesets, it doesn 't exist and it show me the information that exist before.
It's like I don't do anything.
How can I actualice this information of the index to show me the correct information ?

I run a nsrck -F "client" but it didn 't work, I create one new client with nsrck -c "client" and restore the information of this client here and it didn 't work
I try with nsrck -X "client"

[root@host40]:/tmp#nsrck -X processing
nsrck: checking index for processing
nsrck: cross-checking index for processing
nsrck: WARNING the media database is not responding
nsrck: WARNING no valid savetimes - cross-check not performed for processing
nsrck: completed checking 1 client(s)

What must I do to resolve this issue ?

If you have deleted a save set or a media from the media index, the only chance you have is to scan the media or the save set:
"scanner -m -S ssid device_name" or
"scanner -i -S ssid device_name"

The first command rebuilds the media index info, the second one also rebuilds the client file index.

Then do a save set recover or change the browse time to select your files for recovery - whatever is applicable.

Thanks very much.
It worked ok, I could restore the information.

I have a new problem now, I could restore de save set of this client and the information too.
But now I need to delete these save set because I need some space in the filesystem.
I try to delete old cycle by the nwadmin gui but I couldn 't.
It still me show the old information and it didn 't delete oldest cycle.

What can I do to resolve this problem ?

Use mminfo to find the SSID of this save set, then simply run either
nsrmm -dP -S ssid# This deletes file index info or
nsrmm -d -S ssid# This also deletes the media index info

Excelent.
Thanks very much for your help, It worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back