Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost remote server access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcheck

Technical User
Jan 27, 2008
US
Hi -
Up until a week or so ago, I could log on to our SBS2003 Server remotely via Remote Web Workplace. All of a sudden -
something changed.

I can still log on to our Remote Web Workplace and then log on to one of the client workstations with no problem -
however, I no longer can access the Server. No error message or any indication of what the problem is,

When I am on our Remote Web workplace - The options I have are 1) Connect to the Server 2) Connect to the Client Desktops, 3) View Performance reports, 4) View Sever usage
No problems with 2-4 -
I then select #1 "Connect to the Server" - A new screen appears with our Server name - I click "connect" - and then nothing,

I have had no problems for over a year. The only incident that coincided with this was - about a week or two ago, there a was critical security update for SBS 2003 for some new worm or virus. I downloaded and installed the update (remotely) - and rebooted. Everything went fine and the staff was able to hop back on the network - but.... ever since then... I lost the ability to lo on directly to the Server - but can still log on to any workstation.

I'm really stumped...

Thanks so much in advance for any thoughts on what the problem might be.

Rick

I'm seeing the same thing in several places after that urgent update...and then for some reason the problem pretty much went away. Are you still having it?

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back