Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost raster links from older files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volk359

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
Greetings all,

Were using AutoCAD 2005 but many of the files in our library are older R13 files. If I'm correct, back then hybrid files generated a third and/or fourth file with a RAS and RES file extention that contain the link, scale and coordinates for the insetion of the raster file. I've been told that as long as one or the other of those two files is in the same directoy as the vector and raster file then the drawing opens up properly and once saved the RAS/RES files can be deleted.

I've never had that happen and it's a total pain in the neck to scale up the raster to where you think it's supposed to be then move and scale the vectors into place.

There's gotta be a better way to get the original raster information back into the drawing, does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back