Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost programming code / hard restart of XTS needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJPolk

Technical User
Jul 15, 2021
US
Hi,

I work in a grocery store that has had an XTS system for a number of years. We have recently been trying to change its configuration, but we're unable to get into the programming mode as the default code, (**3226), has been changed and we have no records of it. I am aware that you cannot retrieve the code by any means- hard reset is the only option if you need to program an XTS system.

My question is this - I currently have one attendant phone (STA 100 only) and 32 stations, as well as speakers that all-call/external/internal pages run through. What configurations will be lost / what does a person have to reconfigure once they do it? Are things like station numbers lost, or just their configurations? We also currently have our station numbers programmed to be 3-XXX, ex., our attendant station is STA 3100.

We have four analog CO lines.

Really appreciate anything anybody's experienced if you've actually done this or you know what all happens when it is done.

-DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back