Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost partitions - HELP! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMacPherson

Programmer
Jul 3, 2000
GB
Hi,

Hope someone can help, think I may have lost lots of data. I needed to create some more space for Vista SP1 so I thought I would delete a partition that I never used.

I have about 9 partitions set up and I clicked on the 7th one (when looking left to right in disk management) and clicked delete partition. It then deleted 4 partitions! I can only assume these partitions were related in some way that I didn;t realise.

Can anyone tell me how to either recover the partitions or just create a new partition without deleting my data that was on the original partitions?

I really hope I haven't deleted the data on the partitions.

Chris MacPherson

Did you delete an Extended Partition containing Logical Partitions inside?

Accidently deleted 1 partition, lost 3! Urgent help wanted!

Data recovery.
PC Inspector

Plenty of other recovery software listed here.

Good luck with this, you might need it.

If you are "Lucky" perhaps you made a few backups?

YEEEESSSSS!!!

This program is excellent and I now have all my data back. I really appreciate the link. I had searched for hours and tried lots of dubious programs but that one is excellent and worth the price.

Recommended for anyone with similar problems. I've just restored about 30Gb of data in a few hours. Most of that time just scanning drive.

Cheers mate :) :)

Chris MacPherson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back