Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost my space bar, apple key??? Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jczarnik

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
You know when cutting a path or using a brush you can hold down the space bar and get the hand tool to scroll around the image freely. Well I've suddendly lost that ability and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back. I've also lost my space bar apple key to zoom. Can anyone tel me how to reset the use of these key strokes for Photoshop?

Thank you,
John

I'm not MAC savvy but on a PC you can reset your preferences to their original settings, see my post on thread229-1025611 or use your MAC PShop help for resetting preferences.

I've tried trashing my preferences to no avail.

You might try quitting Photoshop and trashing you PS Preferences. Then start PS and see if things work

If that doesn't work try reinstalling.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Thanks but I've tried trashing the prefs and reinstalling PS and nothing. I'm thinking it's an OS issue.

Did you trash prefs before reinstalling? With Adobe apps, you usually have to manually trash prefs before reinstalling. Make sure that you dump "com.abobephotoshop.plist"

You might also go to Edit Menu/Keyboard shortcuts and see if, by some chance, you deleted a shortcut. If so, you can add it back.

You really don't need the space bar for zooming. Command will bring up the + and Option will bring up - Or you can use Command + or -. The only alternative I have for bringing up the hand tool - in lieu of the temporary call by using spacebar is to hit H and then hit the key calling back your original tool - like B for brush.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Thanks. I can't remember if I trash them beforee reinstalling PS. I'll give it a go.

I did mean only the command or option and neither one is working for zooming.

I have been using the H key for the hand tool but when in production and cutting a precise clipping path whie zoomed way in the space bar to scroll and the others to zoom in and out is very, very productive and handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back