Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost my Network after System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush2

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
I recently used Norton Ghost 2002 to restore my computer to what it was last October. Ghost worked great. It's nice to have a fresh start. However, I've lost my network to my Internet Gateway computer in the other room. It's running XP Home, I'm running XP Pro and no matter how many times I've tried running the Network Setup Wizard or changed my workgroup name, nothing works. I can't seem to access the host machine. Both display the same workgroup.

Just out of curiousity: I don't think I've SP1 on my Windows XP Pro at the moment. However, I've got another disc (for my other computer with a Windows XP Pro SP1). Can I take SP1 off that disc, and install it without downloading it?

It is probably not a seperate identity on that disk but embedded into the whole setup (wouldn't know for sure).

If you don't want to download it you can purchase a CD of SP1 from Microsoft. You could also check the CD's on Computer Magazines for a copy of SP1. You might be able to obtain it from another user who has it on CD or saved as a downloaded file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back