Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost mail boxes in Avaya 406

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutt

Technical User
Jul 4, 2006
ES
Greeting Gurus,

I hope you can help me with an odd fault on Avaya 406.

I am trying to setup a small office like so:
All incoming numbers go to reception, if busy or not answered the calls go to overflow group.

If overflow group does not take the call, voicemail kicks in.

This sounds simple but let me show what I have set up and the fault I am experiencing.

SETUP
1) All incoming calls go to Hunt Group 'X'

2) Within 'X' The Extension list contains one user: (Reception extxxx voicemail switched off, and forward to 'overflow' when 'busy' or 'not answered')

3) Within overflow list, overflow Group 'Y' contains muliple users.(Group voicemail switched on)

4) Added Overflow group to reception extxxx under 'Source Numbers' asked reception to record messages by double clicking overflow group under messages tab on Phone Manager.

FAULT
If I call in hours to leave a message I get the standard greeting.
If I call out of hours no voicemail occurs and call is dropped.

NOTE
I am not using a time profile, just a direct link between incoming number and the hunt group.

QUESTION
Firstly, how could this happen,and secondly, how do a track down the mail box of specific ext numbers.

I have tested all the shortcodes and found nothing.

Hope you can help, 'cause this is doing my head in.

Thank you in advance

Since the call is intially targetted to Hunt Group X, thats the voicemail box into which the IP Office will take messages. The voicemail settings of the user and the overflow hunt groups are ignored.

Similarly the forward on busy/forward on no answer settings are ignored since they only applies for calls directed to the user rather than those directed to a hunt group of which the user is a member.

Turn on Hunt Group X voicemail. Against the user add H<group name> in their source numbers tab so that they get MWI for calls in the hunt group mailbox.

===============================================
Or change the incoming call route to direct calls to the reception user rather than the hunt group. Then their forwards and mailbox will get used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back