Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Logical Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonbilly

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2003
US
I installed Windows 2003 Server on my wife's PC and mine today. After it successfully installed I went to computer management. I have three logical drives on one 120 gig harddrive. The D drive I deleted in the settup process of installing 2003 server. I did not touch the E drive because this is where my personal files are located. By the way, my wife's computer is identical to mine and this issue happed on both computers. I right clicked on the D drive and clicked create logical drive. I created it as NTFS, gave it a label name, and formatted it. Well, when I clicked start the E drive lost its label and I got kind of worried. After the format and logical drive creation was complete the E drive was gone - It was there and showed as "Free Space" but did not say "healthy" anymore. I have lost all my data on my E drive and on my wife's E drive. This was are personal information for the last ten years of our lives. I am so upset. Is there anything I can do to try to read the data or recover the E drive on our computers? Thank you so much for any help given.

Sincerely,

George Jackson

I had this happen to be with xp pro once. I recreated the partition in Computer Managment and all the data was there.

This may or may not work for you. You can try using Norton to recover the data, or a data recovery shop can probably get it back, but data recovery shops are very expensive.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(My very old site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back