Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LOST LANPLEX 2500 IOS IMAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

letanhien

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
US
My company just bought 3COM switch lanplex 2500 and it lost IOS image from flash memory. I was able to access to Boot monitor, but I don't know how to reload the image back to flash memory or flash card in PCMCIA slot. here is what i get from boot monitor:

Lanplex 2000 Boot Monitor

Commmands:

s <num> <hex-num>
Sets the bootvector <num> to the value <hex-num>
p <num>
Sets the primary boot vector to <num>
b <num1> <num2>
Boot using boot vector <num1> with boot type <num2>
f <hex-num>
Set the boot flags to <hex-num>
l
List the values of all boot vectors,
the primary vector number, and the boot flags
r
Hard reset
d
Diagnostic Menu
h or ?
Print this message

>
I would appriciate if some one can show me how to reload image from Boot Monitor mode.

Thank you,
Michael

The solution is in the 3com knowledgebase with Solution ID: 112.0.4603762.1655346

Should that not work (it works for 70% of 2500s) try Solution ID: 2.0.1660672.2272069 but yiu must use a 3c589, 3c589B or 3c589C PCMCIA card for this second procedure.

If that does not work you need an earthquake kit (a PCMCIA flash card with ver 7.1.1 s/w on it) These are like hens teeth, but ask and you may strike lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back