Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Internet Access - lost aklsp.dll file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2003
US
I am digging the hole deeper and deeper in my attempt to remove all spywares on my desktop.

First I lost all my cd ROM drives and only have my floppy drive working right now

Now I accidentally deleted aklsp.dll file and lost my internet connection. (I got this dll reference from HijackThis log.)

Now, when I re-ran HijackThis, it would say

"010- Broken Internet access becauses of LSP provider 'c:\windows\systeaklsp.dll" missing

Using my laptop, I searched and and found no download for the aklsp.dll in microsoft or cnet.

Can anyone help?

(Additional information, I recently downloaded FirFox and started using it as my main browser.)

In addition, appreciate if you can help to recover my CD ROM drives. thread751-959303 (

What about backing up and do a clean install (that would be my approach).

The .dll you mention is malware-related.
Broken winsock settings are common with spyware removal, and I believe that's your problem as noted above.

Use the tool found here to remedy the situation and restore your connectivity:

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

Thanks Carrr for the link. It mentioned the exact spyware and symptoms I had experienced - Webhencer.

Thanks and I will try to run the lspix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back