Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost info and duplicate companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnpIII

Technical User
May 2, 2001
US
Hello All,

I am in the IT dept of a small company in Texas.
I have a number of users using Peachtree Complete Accounting, 2002.

A restore was performed and some info was lost and I am clueless on how to fix this.

The restore was originally performed from a TSM backup because they were missing a custom report they had just run earlier that morning.
The backup (which I did not perform, our admin staff handled this), was from the day before, which should have most definitely had all of the reports.

NOW, they have several issues:
- The report is still not there - I suspect this has something to do with the fact that it was custom and now the pointers are missing or something but don't know where to look.
- Some financial information for a full month has disappeared. It was not run/applied(?) that day.
- They have two companies with the same name in the start up of Peachtree.

Any suggestions, assistance, advice with this will be greatly appreciated.

rnpIII

Sounds like the data has gotten double recorded. Peachtree stores each company in it's own directory. 2 companies with the same name usually means a directory got duplicated. That might also be what caused the report to get lost.

Bill Couture

Hello Bill,

So when you say a directory was duplicated, could you give me a for- instance of what I might be looking for?

rnpIII
CoServ IT

Example

c:\peachw
c:\peachw\compdata1
c:\peachw\compdata2

I.E. somebody did a drag and drop copy. Or when the restore happened got an overwrite message and decided no and created a new directory to restore to. Again this is just a possibility..

Bill Couture

Ah!
This is one more clue than I had before.
Thank you.
I will look for this as well.

rnpIII
CoServ IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back