Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Hard Disk Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisag

Programmer
Nov 5, 2020
SG
Hello,
Recently to expand my C Drive space I downloaded software and created a space of 100 GB from D drive. but now I cannot find that 100 GB of space and previously my D drive was some 900 plus GB and now it is showing only 700 GB. On Disk Management, it is showing 900(as attached) but on my computer/this pC, it is showing as 700 plus only. any idea what went wrong and how to get back the missing or hidden space.
Dsk_Mgmt_zeeetf.jpg
MYComp_r7lrtp.jpg

What program did you download? You cannot combine space from two different drives and use them on only one of them, unless you are RAIDing drives. My assumption is that whatever program you tried to use has that space allocated waiting on you to confirm performing that action which is why it looks fine in DM but Windows doesn't see it.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

If you are eager to tune up your PC for performance and storage capacity, the replacement of system hardware is the surest way to go. The upgrade to a SATA 3Gbps will actually help you squeeze big performance gains from your system.

Few years back, I have upgraded my pc with Dell 4TB 7.2K RPM SATA-3GBPS, and it was working fine, though it is for poweredge server.

However for a sata 3gbps hdd you can take a look here (sata 3gbps) for a variety of options, but it is not a purchase recommendation. You can have a lot of other places to check these things.

Other options to check SATA 3gbps or SAS HDDS are amazon reviews, newegg reviews, hpe/seagate official sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back