Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost files when moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

usuallyconfused

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
GB
Please, please tell me I'm not completely sunk!

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed partway through the move and I had to reboot. The directory had, however, disappeared from the original PC so I assumed that the directory had been copied OK and then the PC had crashed.

I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? No cost would be too great!

Have heard some good reports about these guys, and they also have trial software you can try that may get you out of a jam now:-

Regards
Ken..................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back