Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost decimals Oracle8 - CR8

Status
Not open for further replies.

daaf

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
FR
Hello,
Using a Odbc connexion, CR8 trunc all numbers ...
I've test my ODBC Connexion, all decimals are presents,
when I put this field on my report I can't see any of them.
I've made a formula with myfield*100, it's just like it was a integer and not a decimal field ...

Help me please ...

Daaf
(sorry for my english, I'm french...)

It is possible that the particular ODBC driver you are using cannot handle decimals. I have used Crystal with Oracle and had no problem with decimals. Perhaps you have a default setting to format without decimals?

Right-click on a numeric field and select format. Pick a format with decimals. If that fixes the problem for one field set the option for all fields. Click on File | Options | Fields | Number | Number Tab
and pick the format you want.

Voila' C'est bon? Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

OK I solved it in changing language of the "register data", All parts are in american and I get my decimal back ...

Thanks for help ...

daaf

Glad to help!

Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back