Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost dba password on res 3700 Ver 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laldoma

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2009
VE
when i installed micros res 4.0 i set the dba password to MICROSSVC, after update to version 4.4 the password does not works... and a need to log into sybase with dba authority in order to delete a stucked check.

please help

You can change passwords for database users through Database Manager, but the DBA and Micros users will require the current password so I think you're kind of stuck there. Micros does have a way to set the DBA password in cases like this, but they're very reluctant to let people know about it and won't tell you how to do it. At best they'll remote in and set it for you. Then you can change it through DM.

If this is a "check detail read failure" problem you can log into dbisql as the custom user and run the sp_forcechkclosed() procedure to take care of it. You can set the custom user's password without entering the current one.

problem solved, finally i found a piece of paper whit the old password in our safebox thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back