Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Data When Report Exported to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzette

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
Hi - I'm using CR 8.0. When I export the report to Word, data that came from a variable length text field is dropped from the report. Exporting to Excel doesn't have the same problem. Any suggestions are welcome.

I don't know if this is the same problem, but I had a problem exporting to text from CR 8.0. The data was truncated in the text file. I changed the orientation to landscape and the paper size to legal. This increased the length of the line and the whole record exported.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for responding so quickly. I am using Word 2000. I tried resetting the page size to landscape / legal, but it is still dropping the text data. I am stumped!

Uhhhmmm...
We're assuming you have the long text field formatted to 'Grow'....

What's the Database you're reporting against? We've had problems with the ODBC drivers in bringing info in; and with the CR export DLLs putting stuff out to Export...

Have you checked the CD support document #c2007521? Might give you a hint...

ECS DataSystems, Inc.
A Crystal Partner

How much does it print before cutting off, anything?

Does making the field object wider have any effect?

See if taking off the "can Grow" has an effect. This was mentioned on another thread, but it showed up in preview. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back