Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost data Freecom classic SL 160gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

spokendrama

Technical User
Mar 9, 2007
GB
been havin a lot of problems with my home studio recently started to get somewhere when i realised the problem wa si was runnnig 1.1USB so i installed a 2.0 card put me external harddrive to it everything was fine n dandy, was having difficulty with the 2.0 dirvers so i downloaded new ones from the vendor site, starting making progress once they installed everything was working then a message flicked up saying the contents of your G: was lost try saving it and something else, i pulled the drive out ASAP checked the contents and they were fine, i then put it in again the message came up again and the whole drive had been wiped and is now in RAW format I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET BACK THE CONTENTS OF MY DRIVE...I FEEL PHYSICALLY SICK AS I HAVE LOST THE LAST YEARS WORK I.E A WHOLE ALBUM AND MIXTAPE PLZ HELP!!!

google Hiren's BootCD then use the program getdataback for NTFS or FAT/FAT32
also if the drive is the type that you can pull the harddrive from it...Try installing the harddrive in the computer to get the data
have you tried the drive in on a different computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back