Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Connection to Network when Dialing up ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigW

MIS
Jun 6, 1999
AU
Our client, a primary school is implementing Netware's Proxy server on their NT 4 Server. The PC's in the classrooms have been assigned static IP addresses as has the NT Server. The PC's can quite happily ping the NT Server until it dials the ISP to begin it's role as the Proxy.<br>
<br>
Everything seems to be configured correctly....<br>
<br>
We have the correct subnet mask and gateway settings on the PC's and the server.<br>
<br>
Hope someone can help me urgently before the kids go back to school.

what Ip address range did you use?<br>
I would use a dhcp server, this way nt server can address each pc with a unique Ip address as needed. Also, and only a suggestion, I would go with Windows NT Proxy Server 2.0 instead of Netware, sometimes, but not always, products work better when they are completely compatible, I.E. microsoft to microsoft, novell to novell, apple to apple, makes things easier and no need for the gateways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back