Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost connection to File Server Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

angktwap

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
SG
Hi,

This error seems to be happening every 3 days. I am rebooting the server to temporary resolve the issue. I search the event logs and believe this is the cause.

Event ID: 5719
Source: Netlogon

Description: This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a
domain controller in domain XXXX due to the following:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.
This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is
connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain
administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up
the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified
domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain
controller in the specified domain.

Is there any solution to this?
Thanks in advance.

angktwap

So are you getting the event log from the server or the pc? Did you check the disk space on the server and pc?

RoadKi11

"This apparent fear reaction is typical, rather than try to solve technical problems technically, policy solutions are often chosen." - Fred Cohen

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Its happening on my file server. There are more than 10GB of free space per physical drive on the file server.

When this happens, all the PCs' network drives gets disconnected.

Thanks

angktwap

Hi,

It's happening at least twice a week. Let me know if there is any resolution or way that I can troubleshoot.

thanks in advance

angktwap

Have you taken a look at your paging memory stats for your server. It could there is a device drive leaking memory or an application that is using too much pagefile space

How can I check if its a page memory issue?

You can quickly look at Task Manager->Performance and look at the Commit change section. Take a look to see if you are quickly reaching the peak. Also take a look at your processes from a memory usage perspective to see if there isn't a particular application/device driver that is leaking memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back