Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Clusters-

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickjkay

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
GB
Hi, I'm trying to extend my C drive with partition magic, however, when I try to apply it says the drive has lost clusters and too many errors. I've run chkdsk /r and at first it said the vol was clean, now it says the vol is dirty, and PM still won't let me do it cause of lost clusters. The lost clusters seem to be at the end of the C drive. I'm running diagnostic on the Hd with hirens boot disk-can anyone help please? Thanks

Sounds like your hard drive is dying. You should backup all your data and by a new drive and replace the current one before it dies completly.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Ive run a few diagnostic tests, but everything comes up fine-should I try reinstalling windows fresh.Its a Dell latitude 120L laptop that i use to study IT-its a bit annoying cause its only 3months old-can anyone recomend a good test on hirens boot disk.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back