Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Caller ID name ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everyone: We seem to have lost our Caller ID name information being displayed on our 1230 IP phone sets. Now, we're only getting the number. If you do F811, it will toggle to the name, but we were getting name and number at one point. We did change some of the peer information in the trunk settings - not sure if that would have messed something up. We get caller ID info from OpenCNAM and we have a pro/tiered account with the plus service.

Is there a way we can change the order of the Caller ID and display the name instead of the number?

Thanks for the help!

The phone shows the name and the number at the same time if they both fit on a single display line (24 characters). If the combined number of characters in the name and number is more than 23 (one is needed for the space between them), only one of them is presented and you have to use F811 to toggle between the name and the number.

There is no defined order in which the name and number is shown. When F811 is used, the system remembers the last displayed data (number of name) and for the next call displays that data. Therefore, if you want to see the name for the next call, make sure you selected the name (using F811) for your current call.

Thanks ucxguy - that makes sense now! I took a call on my set yesterday and needed to see the number and did a F811. Only the number displayed for calls today. I didn't know that the set retains the last F811 toggle ... that's great to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back