Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost all permissions to public folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuejimmy

Technical User
Jul 6, 2004
US
There were problems setting access permission on a public folder through Exchange 2000 Sytem Manager, so I followed the resolution steps outlined here:
I was specified as the Owner, and could make all the necessary changes. When I unchecked the Allow Inheritable permissions box and hit OK, then tried to go back to Permissions to re-add it, I had lost access to the folder (You do not have permission to view or edit the current permission settings for <public folder name>, but you can change auditing settings). So apparently theres *no* owner specified on the folder, so no one can change it or take back ownership. I don't understand why I lost ownership.

My next step was to restore from backup. Having only full informantion store backups, I did a complete restore of the entire public folders store. No luck - permissions were not restored to their previous state.

Any advice? I've *got* to retreive the data from this folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back