Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost all email in a folder while moving messages...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiram

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2005
US
Hi all,

We recently moved to a new email server from exchange. As part of the move, we all added the new IMAP account in Outlook 2002 and moved some of our email messages into the new IMAP folders from the exchange folders.

I for the most part, exported my messages into a pst file and then pulled the pst file into the IMAP folders in outlook 2002. Now here is the problem. For one of the folders (unfortunately for me an important folder), I selected all the messages in one of my personal email folders and tried to drag them into the IMAP folder. The email messages in the personal folder got moved as they are no longer in there but I don't see them in the folder I dragged them to. My network admin thinks Outlook messed the transfer up as he cannot see the emails in the new server. He said it probably was because I had a space in the folder name on IMAP and outlook might not have known how to handle a space.

Now, I am missing all those emails with no back up. Is there any phantom place that oulook could have transferred all these messages to that I can look in. I cannot recover the messages from the missing folder as the "recover deleted messages" option is greyed out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back