Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost access to Windows Explorer thru Start Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenstone

Technical User
Oct 19, 2002
US
Ever heard of this one? I can not access Windows Explorer through the start menu any longer. Very strange. When I right click on the Start button, Open and Explore have been grayed out. Find and Scan with Norton are still there. I can still right click on My Computer and they are both available. I just reformatted and have been setting up all the old programs so I really can’t say it was one thing I did to cause this problem. Anyone know a fix for this?

greenstone:

This is usually caused by TweakUI. If you have it installed on your computer open it thru the control panel and click on the My Computer tab. Make sure you have a check in all the boxes. You have to restart for this to take effect.

Brilliant!!
Fixed the problem. Tweak UI. No wonder Microsoft didn’t have it in the self help section.
Thank you

The same thing happened to me. The program name just
disappeared from the list. However, I do not have TweakUI. I can still access it through Find. I never did figure out how to put it back on the list. Nothing grayed out when I right click START.

Rus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back