Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost 70% of epo clients in the reports .. HellllllllllllP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMDIAS

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
PT
hello,
I have Epo 2.5.1 and about 1300 clients and yesterday some "#%&&#$" TI had change anything in Epo Server.
Now... i have my reports with only 30% of the machines with the engine and the dat version reported. The others 70% just show the machines, not the engine, not the dat version.
But they are presented in the " current or newer (in the Dat Report ) . I check the machines and they have the epo agent installed and the dat version is correct. Also in thedirectory the are presented with the epo agent installed but the virus defenition are not avaliable..... Any idea ??? i reinstall epo agent manually and it works but if i do a "Agent Wakeup Call".... nothing.

What exactly changed on the EPO server?

if you changed the IP adress of the server this could be the nature of your problem. See if the server is reachable througout your complete network.

If someone changed something else, please tell us what they changed.

grtz

Check the SITEINFO.INI file on the ePO agent. If the LastKnownIP value is incorrect, you may need to change this. As what MRBASE said, if you changed the IP address of the ePO server, you need to do the following:

1. find POAGINST.EXE in the ePO directory and delete
2. close the ePO server service then restart
3. re-install the agents via a Send Agent Install. This will ensure that the new LastKnownIP information is updated.

HTH, AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back