Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loss of time after installing network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilohcity

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
GB
Hi there

I have recenytly installed an ethernet network running WIN98 with shared ADSL internet access and Dial Up Replication. Everything is fine and dandy except for one pesky PC that is loosing approx. 15 mins a day on its clock. It is possible that it was previously configured for a larger network or that it is dragging time when it replicates...but I dont know.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.(-:

Shilohcity. [sig][/sig]

If it is only the RTC that is slowing down I would suggest that the BIOS battery is running out? [sig]<p>Zel<br><a href=mailto:zel@zelandakh.co.uk>zel@zelandakh.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Nope I checked this out already and the time is only affected when the PC is logged onto the network. I have since found a Microsoft resolution for this prob but all it really says is u have a prob with your network...really helpful. Anyways thanks for your suggestion.

Shilohcity (technical user not MIS I just cant seem to change my description though) (-: [sig][/sig]

Email Dave and ask him to change it. [sig]<p>Zel<br><a href=mailto:zel@zelandakh.co.uk>zel@zelandakh.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back