Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loss of Standby options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorlonkosh

Technical User
Apr 28, 2001
GB
After my notebook failed to resume correctly from a standby state, I was offered the option by ME to disable all future standy options and support. I inadvertantly selected yes instead of no and now every standby option in the control panel, on shutdown etc are not availible for selection.
The internal help has no reference, neither does the technet or knowledge base at microsoft.
Any ideas on how to re-enable with out a reload????

You should be able to enable hibernate through the power options in the control panel. If this does not work you may need to check your BIOS to enable the power options if they have been disabled. Also you should check the msconfig startup menu to see that the LoadPowerProfile option is enabled. Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip. You were close with the msconfig. In the normal tab there is an advanced options button. In the resulting page it says standy by has been disabled, click to enable. Now everything is back to normal
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back