Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loss of access to shared folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbouti9

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
Hi,
I recently had to move several users to a new postoffice (to reduce the size of the original PO without deleting anything). One user in particular was accessing about 12 other people's shared folders. The user in question was moved, but our window of time to perform the moves ran out before we could move anyone else in her department. She can no longer see any of the shared folders. I had one of the folder owners ( who remains in the old PO )remove her name from the share list, and add her back using the System address book, but she never received the share notification. I sent her a share notification as well ( I exist in the same new PO as her ), and she received it.
Now, I believe that if I were to ask each folder OWNER to stop sharing their folders to everyone, and then share them to everyone again, she would work. Is there an easier way to do this? No help from Novell support site, every TID I found there was related to shared folder problems when both users were in the SAME postoffice, not two DIFFERENT ones. I'm stumped, and am coming under fire for not seeing this coming ( probably should have, but I didn't even know that this office was sharing folders! ). HELP!!!!!

By the way, I failed to mention that this is GroupWise 5.5 with the Enhancement pack. The source (original) PO is running on Netware 5.1, SP5, and the destination (new) PO is on Netware 6, SP2. Clients are running the GW Client 5.5.6.1, and a hodgepodge of desktop OS's (Mostly 98 and XP Pro). Thanks to anyone who can offer some advice!

The same thing happens here everytime we move a person. WE tell them in their move announcements that if you are the recipient of shared folders, you will lose them Sorry. I've opened incident with Novelll and got no resolution. Please post if you have any luck with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back