Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing proxy server settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILLEYJ

MIS
Jan 25, 2000
GB
I have approx 15-20 users IE5.0 or IE5.5 where they continously lose thier proxy server settings. Either they go away all together or the settings remain and the check mark gets undone. No one has dial up access to the internet I have tried editing the registry to lock the address but then the check mark goes away. I have tried setting the proxy server in Safe Mode with no luck. Does any one no of a solution. This is happening on all windows machines Win 95/98/NT/2000 Pro. FYI we have Lotus Notes and Novell Client on all machines.

I assume you are talking about the settings in IE, as opposed to the ones from the proxy settings in the Control panel. If you are talking about the ones in IE, are you using a host name, or an IP? we found out that on some computers that had a host name we had to change it to the IP instead, because it kept losing it. If you have to use the hostname, make sure is in the hosts file.

Yes it is in IE and we are entering the IP address not the host name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back