Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing Page Headers when export to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2004
IE
Problem is with BOE XI R2.
Migrated some reports from CE8.5 - these reports were designed to export to Excel and when they did so you could see the column headings in the resultant spreadsheet that were text objects in the Page Header in the report design.
In BOE XI R2 however, the page header objects are not seen. This is true of both export to Excel and Excel (data only).
I have tried the various options "export page header and page footer" and "simplify page headers" with no effect.

A new report created in CR XI R2 and published and exported behaves as you would expect with the Page headers being successfully eported to Excel.

Any thoughts anyone?

thanks

Other than very annoying, my thoughts are limited.

For exports sake, using the report header is probably better anyway. I generally create additional sections and have in essence 2 desings in each report to allow for better Exporting, then use a parameter which asks if it's for export and suppress the appropriate sections based on the response.

Since it does seem to display correctly, perhaps you can right click the page header and select insert->section below and move the header information into the new xection. and delete the old successfully.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back