Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Losing ndps printers on win98 workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvdkolk22

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
NL
Hello, we have one 5.1 server with sp4 and zen 3.2.
If users login there's a printer. if they're busy doing something like word or another application and they want to print, the printer is suddenly gone. So far the only solution i've got is to add the printer with ndpmw32.exe. This is not the meaning of NDPS i hope.

Does anyone have a solution or a fix????

greetings & thanks in advance,

Martijn

We had a similar problem with NW51 and our NT 4 PC's. Found that the NWSPOOL.dll was not current on our clients. Novell said needed at least dll dated 2-4-02. Don't know about W98, but I'll bet if you search the Novell TIDS for NWSPOLL.dll, you might find info about the one you need.

Depending on what SP you 5.1 server is you may need to apply
TCP/IP stack for NetWare 5.1 SP 4 - TID10069769 . This was the fix for a lot of client freezing/slow situations at our site. It would take minutes to save a Word or excel file. Had a lot of trouble hosting Filemaker Pro databases over TCP/IP connection. Also NDPS printers would disappear from printer folder on client.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back