Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

losing mapped drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Some of our 98 machines become disconnected during the day from mapped drives. It seems like if they log on in the morning and leave the office, they lose connection if their machine sits idle. Any ideas?

I hope you get lots of responses! We're having the same problem. I just tried setting HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanserver\parameters\autodisconnect to 65535 to see if that would help but it is too early to tell. We are having random disconnects. It happens to 9x PC's most often, but NT4's as well. Everyone still has access to z:\public on a Novell server so I put a batch file there that deletes the drives mapped to the W2K server and remaps them. It works every time. I've noticed that if a person tries to map a new drive letter to the W2K server (without running the batch file) they are asked to re-authenticate!! This is too weird! I hope someone has figured it out!
Linny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back